I’ve been dying to try this recipe out since fall first rolled around. Nothing like the crunchy texture of apples and strudel combined with cream cheesecake! This is the perfect hybrid between the traditional fall Apple and the well-loved cheesecake.
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 4 tsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- FILLING –
- 2 pkgs. of 8 oz’s softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ligthly beaten egg
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 2/3 cup apples (sliced & peeled)
- TOPPINGS –
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tsp. ground cinamon
- 2 tbsp. cold butter
- caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, oats and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a 6-inc. springform pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream, cinnamon and ginger.
- Pour over crust. Arrange apple slices over filling.
- For topping, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Just before service, remove sides of pan.
- Caramel topping may be added to taste just prior to serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Enjoy your Apple Crisp Cheesecake!
Feel free to share your feedback with me. Let me know if it’s as delicious as it looks!